Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Talk Like A Pirate


My friend, ImTheXFactor, had a birthday yesterday. But yesterday was a crazy day with a pending deadline, my nutbag family stressing me out, missing my daily overdose of Hinder, a wedding shower luncheon, important decisions like whether to change my hair color and well… taking a 4 hour nap. As a result, I didn’t get the note out to ITXF before midnight.

And then I slept some more. So it was late this morning before I got around to sending him birthday greetings.

He was surprised to hear from me and asked how I remembered it was his birthday. I told him it was hard to forget someone who was born on ‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’. He sent a note back that said, ‘True! I wish I were a pirate. Guess I was born at the wrong time.’

I texted back: You would really rock the eye patch.

His response: Plus I love rum, wenches, and booty.

Now you see why we’re friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment