Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Shit Programmers Say


I need to do a dump.
Who wrote this crap?
Do you have a compile listing?
I need to test it.
It compiled, it will work.
Did you test it?
I tested it.
Who tested this?
It blew up.
The test didn’t work.
It’s a data issue.
I found a bug.
The system crashed.
It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.
I can’t get it to compile.
The program ab-ended.
This is why we test.
Defcon 4.
Should I give them what they need, or what they asked for?
It’s user error.
Who got the help ticket?
Smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em.
It’s a program error.
That’s dumber than a door knob.
It’s spaghetti code.
This is going to be an all nighter.
It’s in parallel test.
I’ve got it in test mode.
Can we get it off the backup?
It’s all part of the design.
Who are the test users?
That is an I-D-10-T error.
Don’t be such a user.
Nothing has been changed.
We have to IPL the machine.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
The problem is between the keyboard and the chair.
A consultant must have written this crap.
It all pays the same.
Where is the source code?
Why don’t we have version control?
I put it in production.
Kill the consultant.
What version are they on?
Do a dump.
It’s in production.
I should have gone to Med school.

No comments:

Post a Comment