Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Look Who Came for Dinner

I heard this guy outside my window before daybreak this morning. He really had a lot to crow about, I suppose. There were 13 hens with him. That is twice the size of his harem last year. By the time I was ready for work they had wondered down by the dam, so I took my camera and put on the long lense. The old fella was very cooperative, strutting and fanning his tail. He even turned when I said, 'Okay fella, turn around for me.' It could have been that he was turning to the hen that just waddled by, but I choose to think old Tom was posing for me.

Keep in mind that I live in the middle of town, spitting distance from the mall. But this old guy is smart. He knows you can't fire a shotgun in the city limits. So he struts around on my lake like he owns the place, thumbing his snoot at us mere mortals. And he is much bigger than he was last year. Do turkeys eat Yorkies?

 I think I will go make a turkey sandwich for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment